Everything you need to know to get started with Atlassian’s powerful agile project management and issue tracker tool.
- Understand JIRA’s core features and how it works.
- Use JIRA more productively.
- Benefit from JIRA as a team leader or manager.
- Set JIRA up for your team or company as an administrator.
- While you don’t have to have JIRA to watch this course, if you want to follow along you’ll need at least a JIRA Software Cloud subscription from Atlassian.
This Introduction to JIRA course is intended to be to get you up to speed on how to be more productive and effective in JIRA. With over 5 hours of content, we’ll focus on the three main types of users in JIRA. The modules in this course are broken up for each of these types, so no matter which one you are you’ll be able to quickly access the things you need.
In the first module, we’ll cover some core concepts and terms you’ll need to know about both agile and JIRA before diving into the software itself.
After that, we’ll look at JIRA from an end user’s perspective. What are the key things you’ll need to know as someone who’s just using JIRA at your company? That’s what we’ll look at in the second module.
When you’re a team leader or manager using JIRA, there’s some things you can do to help your team be more effective. So we’ll look at some of these things in the third module.
Finally, as a JIRA administrator there’s a lot of ways you can help your company by setting them up for success in JIRA. In the fourth module, we’ll look at JIRA from an administrator’s perspective.
Now even though this course is organized for different types of users, I wanted to make it so no matter what type of user you are you’ll benefit from watching all of it if you wanted. For example, even if you’re only using JIRA as an end user you can find it beneficial to understand how JIRA workflows and processes work so you can “speak the language” when you’re asking your JIRA administrator for something.
- This JIRA course is meant for three main types of people: JIRA users who want to be able to use it better. Team leaders and managers who want to take advantage of its features for their team and, finally, administrators who need to set JIRA up for their teams and companies.
- This JIRA course is NOT meant to be an end-all, one-stop-shop for everything you’ll need to know to customize every feature in JIRA. There’s just too many variables to include everything, so instead we’re focusing on the core concepts and features to get you up to speed quickly.